As the project is has now ended, we are pleased to showcase you the main results of the ECOTEXNANO project:
- Report on proposal for updating the Reference Document on Best Available Techniques (BREF) for the Textiles Industry (current TXT BREF from July 2003).
- Report on proposal for updating REACH Regulation (Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals).
- Report on proposal for updating other EU policies:
- Regulation (EU) 528/2012 concerning the making available on the market and use of biocidal products.
- Regulation (EC) N° 1272/2008 on classification, labeling and packaging of substances and mixtures (CLP).
- Innovative tool that improves the knowledge on risk assessment of nanomaterials and promotes the safe use along their life cycle. It allows calculating the environmental, health and safety impacts of a future textile.
More will come soon when the Final report is finalised